Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX

From: Moeller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 20:37:34 +0200

 On 11.08.2010 15:49, spaceyaeon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having a similar problem as mentioned by Moeller in his message. I have
> made the required modifications to be USRP2 + DBSRX.  All I see is a noise
> floor when I try usrp2_fft.py. I am inputting 2.165 GHz signal through RF
> In. Is there something that I am doing wrong? Do I need external Ref clock?
> How can I do the basic test of receiving the carrier signal and displaying
> it ?

I completed the instructions on the Wiki.
There was no hint how to verify if the burning was correct or if the hardware
was destroyed
after modifying the board. I was very irritated by this.

Call "usrp2_probe" to check if the board ID is 13 now. If it is still 2, the
burning had no effect.
I tried two times without success (didn't know that the ID would have to
change).
After another 3rd attempt later, I was successful.
Very strange. Every time I followed the instructions exactly the same.