Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:11:16 -0400

> Call "usrp2_probe" to check if the board ID is 13 now. If it is still 2, the
> burning had no effect.
> I tried two times without success (didn't know that the ID would have to
> change).
> After another 3rd attempt later, I was successful.
> Very strange. Every time I followed the instructions exactly the same.

In Linux, I/O to "disk-like devices" uses write-behind caching. Which
means that although your application has sent the data to the
  kernel, and it has been accepted, it may not actually get written out
to disk.  This improves performance in many types of
  interactive applications, but it has a side-effect that if you write
data to "disk-like" device, and then pull that hardware, the data
  may not have been flushed out.

Using the "sync" command generally arranges for all pending writes to
disk-like devices to get flushed to the hardware, so I generally
  do a "sync" before pulling the SD card.  The script that does the
flashing should probably issue a "sync" when it's done.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator