Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX

From: Moeller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 07:28:24 +0200

 On 11.08.2010 23:11, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> In Linux, I/O to "disk-like devices" uses write-behind caching. Which
> means that although your application has sent the data to the
>   kernel, and it has been accepted, it may not actually get written out
> to disk.  This improves performance in many types of
I was aware of this problem, but ...
> Using the "sync" command generally arranges for all pending writes to
> disk-like devices to get flushed to the hardware, so I generally
>   do a "sync" before pulling the SD card.  The script that does the
> flashing should probably issue a "sync" when it's done.
the SD-usrp2_card_burner had a 2-stage process: first writing the image,
second verifying if the SD-card was correctly written.
In usrp2_card_burner.py you fill find this line:
        if platform.system() == 'Linux': command('sync')
So, it should have been in sync after burning.
But it's too late now, I can't reconstruct all exactly any more.
At least the DBSRX is working now.
Moeller