Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:49:40 +0000

Hi,

Gnuradio uses FFTW, which as a pretty nice benchmark page [1]. If we
look at the results for a fairly new intel processor, we see that a
262144 point FFT can be computed with about 9 GFLOPS speed, which
means that a 262144 point FFT should be done in less than 3 ms.

[1] http://www.fftw.org/speed/

I have been using 65 kpoint FFTs for real-time spectral analysis with
USRP1 and USRP2 with no problems.

juha