Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs

From: Juha Vierinen
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:52:39 +0000

> Your reply is related to running the FFT on the CPU, right? Do you have any
> experience running it on the FPGA of the USRP1 or USRP2?

No, but I know that radio astronomers do this.

I have done FFT with CUDA. As long as you can keep the data inside the
GPU for long enough, you can get pretty nice performance. I have
measured over 100 GFLOPS on FFT with a $300 Nvidia GPU. I haven't
tried yet with my new 480 GTX, but it should be even faster.

juha