Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs

From: Thomas Hobiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Large FFTs
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:02:46 +0900

Hi Carles,

Thanks for the reply. That's a very helpful comment.

we have found some problems when using USRP2+DBSRX for GPS due to
phase noise. See details in http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/213845
Once we have the components in the lab, I am going to play with them, having your comment on my check-list.
If someone have succeded on this, we would appreciate some hints to
make it work. Our software GPS receiver was not able to track signals,
while it run smoothly when using USRP1 + DBSRX without modification.
By tracking signals, do you mean that one of the receiver loops (DLL, PLL) lost lock or does it only prevent to extract the navigation bits?

Best regards,
  Thomas Hobiger

Dr. Thomas Hobiger
Space-Time Measurement Project
Space-Time Standards Group
New Generation Network Research Center
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
4-2-1 Nukui-Kitamachi, Koganei
184-8795 Tokyo
Japan
email:  address@hidden