Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:25:32 -0400

On Aug 26, 2010, at 11:12 AM, HR Myler wrote:
What we really, really want is a DMG file ;-)

That would be awesome, and very difficult to create because of the extensive background dependencies of GNU Radio / Companion (even just for gnuradio-core). I did once create a DMG installable .app for Companion which did work. It weighed in at about 1 GB IIRC, because I didn't pare down the dependencies (configure, build, run) -- only the latter is required (those applications and libraries required for execution), but for building purposes one needs the former 2 as well (and, once built they can be removed from the DMG). If any OSX user want a special project, this would be a great one IMHO! - MLD