Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X

From: Harley Myler
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/gnuradio Issues in OS X
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:37:46 -0500

On Aug 26, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Michael Dickens wrote:

> On Aug 26, 2010, at 11:12 AM, HR Myler wrote:
>> What we really, really want is a DMG file ;-)
>
> That would be awesome, and very difficult to create because of the extensive
> background dependencies of GNU Radio / Companion (even just for
> gnuradio-core).  I did once create a DMG installable .app for Companion which
> did work.  It weighed in at about 1 GB IIRC, because I didn't pare down the
> dependencies (configure, build, run) -- only the latter is required (those
> applications and libraries required for execution), but for building purposes
> one needs the former 2 as well (and, once built they can be removed from the
> DMG).  If any OSX user want a special project, this would be a great one
> IMHO! - MLD

Michael, I'd suggest it to Elvis, but I don't know if he is Mac-savvy enough to
pull it off.

Oops, did this just go to the general list?

CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including
attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized disclosure
or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of confidential,
proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under Lamar Policy. If you
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail
from your system.