Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finding a particular version

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finding a particular version
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 11:39:47 -0500

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 8:57 AM, Nikos Balkanas
<address@hidden> wrote:

> Please hear my advise. Developers should support the "gnuradio -v" option
> and use an include file to do it.
> In a few years git will be superseded by another versioning system. The only
> way to ensure that versions are
> preserved across any such migration, is to have it embedded in the sources
> ;-)
>
> ty
> Nikos

You mean like:

$ gnuradio-config-info -v
v3.7.2.1-120-g0c895a71

Which of course requires you to have compiled GNU Radio, and you were
asking earlier about knowing the version when it wasn't already
compiled. My answer before is the same as it is now:

$ grep VERSION_INFO CMakeLists.txt
set(VERSION_INFO_MAJOR_VERSION 3)
set(VERSION_INFO_API_COMPAT    7)
set(VERSION_INFO_MINOR_VERSION 3)