Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT scope block?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QT scope block?
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 22:21:21 +0200

Hi numeric,

Hi Rob,
> I did try the constellation sink approach. The result seemed to be scatter
> plot without a solid trigger lock.
I don't know how you want to trigger your Oscilloscope in X/Y mode --
hence I used the "Free" trigger mode, to generate the lissajous figures
I sent you. What's wrong about them? If you describe what you're
expecting, we might find a solution together. So far I'm still not
wholly understanding in what way the solution I demonstrated isn't
sufficient, and I do think you're on to something relevant for a lot
more people than yourself!
So, could you explain in what way http://imgur.com/a/YjF25#1 looks
different from what you want?
> At this point, I think I could achieve faster results by writing my own code
> rather than using python and gnuradio for the VNA project. Using Delphi, I
> could easily use the Ettus DLL. I have been using Delphi since it's
> beginning and speed has always been my priority. Delphi generates compiled
> code and runs FAST!
Hate to burst your bubble, but GNU Radio really performs excellent, and
also has hand-optimized code for many platforms for the computational
heavy things. I really doubt your Delphi code will be a close match to
what you get with an inherently multi-threaded, highly optimized,
pipelined, consumption-rate driven application that you automatically
get when using GNU Radio.

That being said, GNU Radio is of course not always the right tool. If
what you're after doesn't look like a stream of
samples/measurements/information/... then hand-coding a signal
processing algorithm might be better. However, I'm not myself aware of
using UHD, which is a C++ library making heavy use of C++'s language
features from Delphi, thus far, and I can't promise it will be easy.

Best regards,
Marcus