Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Weird install problem, GR 3.7.8.1

From: John Coppens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Weird install problem, GR 3.7.8.1
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 23:49:51 -0300

On Wed, 11 Nov 2015 13:42:35 -0800
Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 6:07 AM, Frederick E. Stevens <address@hidden
> > wrote:
>

> > As I recall, this behavior has cropped up in 3.6 and 3.7 of gnuradio for
> > me but it wasn't much of an issue at the time.

This afternoon, I had some time to trace where the problem originated. It
seems that on some systems (mine ;) the test for isinstance(category, str)
doesn't work, as the type of category is actually 'unicode'. (This is
on Slackware 14.1 + some mods from -current).

I changed to isinstance(category, basestring), which captures both str
and unicode.

(This is around line 130 in BlockTreeWindow.py)

I've submitted a bug report for this - which was accepted.

John