Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving work on Gnu radio live usb stick

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Saving work on Gnu radio live usb stick
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 14:41:17 -0800

On Mon, Dec 28, 2015 at 1:45 PM, Martin Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
On 27.12.2015 01:16, Chris Kuethe wrote:
> Doesn't unetbootin format the device as FAT32, which doesn't support
> files larger than 4GB...

Yep, it does, and yes, this is a common issue. I'm not sure how you can
make bigger persistence partitions with other file systems, but I'm sure
it's possible.

​I'm working with Neel on adding the ability to produce GNU Radio live images on a target USB drive, directly from the live image builder, without having to go through UNetbootin first.  This will allow the live system to be ext4 based and have larger persistence options than 4GB.  Unfortunately, there will still need to be a FAT32 boot partition to allow for UEFI boot on modern systems.

It's fairly complicated though and we won't be picking this up again until later in January.

--
Johnathan Corgan
Corgan Labs - SDR Training and Development Services