Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Run Gnu Radio after installation

From: Keikavoos Afghahi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Run Gnu Radio after installation
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 17:46:54 +0000

Hello Shahnaz,

i hope the experts dont mind if i answer this since i have installed GnuRadio and UHD both recently with the help of the build script.

If you have Ubuntu there is a simple way to get GnuRadio and UHD both from source. You just have to use the build script provided by Mr. Marcus D. Leech. You just move to the folder where you want to install it ( from the terminal ) and copy and  paste the command  which is provided by the GnuRadio website . Just search for the build script and you find it . Thats it! . the script will ask you for permissions 2 times ( as far as i can remember ) and does everything by itself. I found this method to be the easiest and most effective for me. The script also installs all the packages needed. Before that however make sure you have the latest stable version of Ubuntu and if you have old GnuRadio stuff installed somewhere you better delete them first! What i did to make sure i have a clean installation i took a backup from my old files on the computer and then reinstalled Ubuntu and used the script to get UHD and GnuRadio.

I hope this helps,

Kei