[Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script

From: Ellis, Duane
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 16:55:45 +0000

Hi,

I'd like to report an issue with the script:  build-gnuradio - and a few of the
other git sub-modules.

Problem statement #1
        I'm behind a proxy that effectively "blocks" the GIT protocol - I can
clone via HTTP, or HTTPS - but not via  git://

Possible work arounds:
        I know about the "instead-of" feature for GIT ... but that does not
always work
        Why? Because sometimes you must adjust the rest of the URL slightly
        Yes, I put a very specific rule in for specifically this URL... but ...
Ugh...
        Also I would suggest/think that a "noob" would trip and stumble over
this and not figure it out.

Suggested fix:
        Convert the scripts, and submodules to reference/use http or https for
cloning.
        My belief is proxies work better with http requests.

In my case, I modified the build script to use http *and* had to adjust one of
the urls to match

Thanks.