Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script

From: Ellis, Duane
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 18:43:40 +0000

federico>> Something like [0] does not work for you? In our university we are
also behind a proxy, and this config worked fine for build-gnuradio (and
everything git-related BTW).

If PROXY configuration *WAS* the issue - then I cannot clone anything via http
I can clone via http, and perform apt-get update, etc  - thus the proxy is
configured correctly.

The problem is GIT based URLs are blocked/filtered, for example:

address@hidden:~/gr-src/aa$ git clone git://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr
Cloning into 'gr-osmosdr'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.osmocom.org:
git.osmocom.org: Name or service not known
(FAILS)

If I change the URL to this, it works:

address@hidden:~/gr-src/aa$
address@hidden:~/gr-src/aa$ git clone http://git.osmocom.org/gr-osmosdr
Cloning into 'gr-osmosdr'...
Checking connectivity... done.
(WORKS)

=================================

It is not always as easy as  s/^git/http/

You sometimes have to remove the ".git" suffix from the URL also
(GITHUB - you do not have to remove the .git suffix, but at osmocom you must)

For example:

address@hidden:~/gr-src/aa$ git clone --progress
git://git.osmocom.org/gr-iqbal.git
Cloning into 'gr-iqbal'...
fatal: unable to connect to git.osmocom.org:
git.osmocom.org: Name or service not known
(FAILS)

duane@ linux:~/gr-src/aa$ git clone --progress
http://git.osmocom.org/gr-iqbal.git
Cloning into 'gr-iqbal'...
fatal: repository 'http://git.osmocom.org/gr-iqbal.git/' not found
(FAILS)

duane@ linux:~/gr-src/aa$ git clone --progress http://git.osmocom.org/gr-iqbal
Cloning into 'gr-iqbal'...
Checking connectivity... done.
(WORKS)

In addition, the SUBMODULES also refer to "git" based urls
They need to be changed (specifically:  gr-iqbal)
My work around is/was to modify localy modify the gr-iqbal

-Duane.