Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script

From: Federico 'Larroca' La Rocca
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:18:15 -0300

I send my reply again, but for the whole list this time...

Hi Duane,
Something like [0] does not work for you? In our university we are also behind a proxy, and this config worked fine for build-gnuradio (and everything git-related BTW).
best
Federico
[0] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/783811/getting-git-to-work-with-a-proxy-server

Hi,

I'd like to report an issue with the script:  build-gnuradio - and a few of the other git sub-modules.

Problem statement #1
        I'm behind a proxy that effectively "blocks" the GIT protocol - I can clone via HTTP, or HTTPS - but not via  git://

Possible work arounds:
        I know about the "instead-of" feature for GIT ... but that does not always work
        Why? Because sometimes you must adjust the rest of the URL slightly
        Yes, I put a very specific rule in for specifically this URL... but ... Ugh...
        Also I would suggest/think that a "noob" would trip and stumble over this and not figure it out.

Suggested fix:
        Convert the scripts, and submodules to reference/use http or https for cloning.
        My belief is proxies work better with http requests.

In my case, I modified the build script to use http *and* had to adjust one of the urls to match

Thanks.