Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bug/Issue with "build-gnuradio" script
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 12:34:38 -0700

On 09/30/2016 11:18 AM, Federico 'Larroca' La Rocca wrote:
> I send my reply again, but for the whole list this time...
>
> Hi Duane,
> Something like [0] does not work for you? In our university we are also
> behind a proxy, and this config worked fine for build-gnuradio (and
> everything git-related BTW).
> best
> Federico
> [0]

That's because your university punched a hole through the firewall for
yet another protocol - git.

And presumably because some people at your university need the git
protocol to manipulate code and content on github.

Everyone has access to http/https unless they live a vacuum - but not
everyone has access to git.

So why use git to distribute source code?

We can't use git protocol through our firewall either - at least not
until pigs fly.

I've never used the build script - I check out the source via http and
build it with my own script. So I don't have any trouble with gnuradio
source.

But I do have trouble with osmocom source on github using http because
the recursive clone links back to the osmocom web site which doesn't
support git tunneled in http!

It's hard to imagine we're in 2016.