[Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio.conf file

From: Barry Duggan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio.conf file
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 09:15:18 -0400

Hi,

I just finished a clean start build of the maint-3.8 branch. When I executed a gnuradio-companion flowgraph, it said I was missing the xterm executable, and to specify it in gnuradio.conf as

[grc]
xterm_executable

My problem is that there doesn't seem to be an existing gnuradio.conf file, and I don't know where to put it. I have '~/gnuradio', '~/.gnuradio', and '~/.gnuradio/prefs' as possible candidates. Interestingly, it seems to run OK without it!

I am using Raspbian Buster on a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

Side note: The GRC version is 3.9.0.0.git!

Thanks for your help.
--
Barry Duggan KV4FV