Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio.conf file

From: Ron Economos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio.conf file
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 19:00:50 -0700

That should be:

3) Edit <install_dir>/etc/gnuradio/conf.d/grc.conf and add/edit the line:

On 8/21/19 18:54, Ron Economos wrote:
The xterm executable is used when you have a flow graph with the Generate Options set to "No GUI" and Run Options set to "Prompt for Exit". In that scenario, GNU Radio Companion wants to open a terminal for the prompt for exit to exist in. If you don't have anything configured, GNU Radio Companion will hang.

If you never use the "No GUI" option, then you're fine. If you do want to use it, then do the following:

1) sudo apt-get install xterm

2) Edit ~/.gnuradio/grc.conf and add/edit the line:

xterm_missing = /usr/bin/xterm

3) Edit <install_dir>/etc/gnuradio/conf.d/ and add/edit the line:

xterm_executable = /usr/bin/xterm

Ron