Re: Mpir Installation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Mpir Installation
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 18:17:38 +0200

Hi Vincenzo,

Why exactly are you building dependencies for building GNU Radio?

On Ubuntu 20.04, you get GNU Radio 3.8 out of the box using apt-get, and it'll be pretty impossible to build GNU Radio 3.7, lacking Python2.

On previous versions of Ubuntu, you get GNU Radio 3.7 out of the box and can get GNU Radio 3.8 using our PPAs.

Vincenzo, you're a beginner – and that's fine! Please don't make your life harder than it needs to be. Listen closely to the advice you get!

Our advice, so far, has always been use GNU Radio 3.8, everything you need is available for that, and it's trivial to install.

Best regards,
Marcus