Re: Transport stream source

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Transport stream source
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 09:11:51 -0400

On 04/04/2021 03:53 AM, Ralf Gorholt wrote:
Hi Marcus,

as I have written, I have tried to use a UDP source (and to connect it
to a UDP sink with a different IP address and port) but it does not seem
to work. As I am quite new to GNU radio, I have certainly made a mistake
somewhere. If I only needed a TS source (no matter which one) I could
stick with a file. I have already done that and it worked.

Could somebody please direct me to the documentation where the basic
principle of how GNU Radio works is explained? I know that there are
blocks that you can connect together but there must be a "controller"
somewhere and I would like to understand how this controller works and
how the blocks are called. What I have read until now does not answer my
questions :-)

Happy Easter,

Ralf
The "controller" that you're talking about in Gnu Radio is called the "scheduler".

Here's a talk by Marcus Mueller on the subject:

http://jmfriedt.org/slides_gnuradiodays2019/18h00%20MM%20GR%20scheduler.pdf

But I'd also suggest spending time at the gnuradio.org website in the documentation and tutorials section. But also, there's the source
  code.