Re: Transport stream source

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: Transport stream source
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2021 14:22:29 -0400

On 04/04/2021 12:22 PM, Ralf Gorholt wrote:
Hello Steven,

when I look at your flow graph, that is exactly what I have tried to do (use a UDP source and UDP sink) but it did not work. Could it be because I had not put a throttle between source and sink?

I will try to reproduce what you have done and see if it works (I don't know 'socat' and have never used it before).

Ralf
I'll note that any application using multi-cast UDP must do some "special dances" with most OS in order for multi-cast to "work".

See, for example, some example code here:

https://gist.github.com/hostilefork/f7cae3dc33e7416f2dd25a402857b6c6

It's unlikely that the gr UDP source/sink "know" how to handle multi-cast by themselves.