Re: failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.org/rasbian ...

From: Cinaed Simson
Subject: Re: failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.org/rasbian ...
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2022 20:09:56 -0800

Hi Elmore - try

  apt install python3-distutils

-- Cinaed

On 1/15/22 17:07, Elmore's wrote:
Device: Raspberry Pi 3
OS: Rasbian Jessie

My goal is to install GNU Radio 3.9.

I am following the instructions in Installing GR on the gnuradio site.

In the installation for Volk I attempt to execute cmake –DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release –DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE=/usr/bin/python ../

I get a message that distutils is not found. I need to install python3_distutils.

When I attempt the installation, I get a series of messages “Failed to fetch mirrordirector.rasbian.org/rasbian/ ......” with different paths.

I have viewed many forums regarding this issue and they provide many different ”solutions” but nothing conclusive.

Please help.

Jim