Re: failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.org/rasbian ...

From: Elmore's
Subject: Re: failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.org/rasbian ...
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 11:17:02 -0500

Marcus,

At your suggestion:

I upgraded to Debian 11 (Bullseye) following instructions I found on Tom’s Hardware site. It seemed to be successful except that GNU radio no longer executes.

Figuring that perhaps I need to install Debian 12 and upgrade to GNU radio 3.9 before it will run again I went to the following:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Documentation/Bookworm/Upgrades

The following happens during the installation process:

Execute ‘apt full-upgrade’:
    unmet dependencies:
        libc –dev –bin
        libc6 –dbg
        libc6 –dev
        libnih1

Execute ‘apt –f install’ at the suggestion of the instructions:
    dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/init-system –helpers_1.60_all.deb (—unpack)

    Errors encountered while processing: /var/cache/apt/archives/init-system –helpers_1.60_all.deb

    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code

Execute ‘apt –y full-upgrade’ at the suggestion of the instructions:
    unmet dependencies error same as above

Execute ‘apt-get –f install’ at the suggestion of the execution result:
    unmet dependencies error same as above

What’s next?

Jim