Re: failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.org/rasbian ...

From: Elmore's
Subject: Re: failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.org/rasbian ...
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 10:32:34 -0500

Marcus,

I have upgraded my Raspberry Pi to Bullseye. When I attempted to upgrade to Bookworm I got a message that the repository does not have a Release  file. Thus, I cannot upgrade. Bullseye gives me gnuradio 3.8.2.

I went on the Raspberry Pi forum for suggestions about what to do in order to be able to upgrade to gnuradio 3.9 without Bookworm and received 2 suggestions to build 3.9 from source.

In your reply to my original post you said If upgrading from Debian 11 to Bookworm (which will be 12) is not an option (FOR A REASON, honestly, upgrading debian is rather smooth), do not go the manual route of building GNU Radio from source using cmake/make/ a lot of time figuring things out, but simply use our or the official debian packaging tools to automate that building for you.”

What tools do I use to automate the building?

Jim