Re: Version-adaptive_documentation

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Version-adaptive_documentation
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 18:00:50 +0100

In that case, please accept my apologies for the harsh tone!

Best regards,
Marcus

On 20.12.22 17:58, Adrian Musceac wrote:
Hi Marcus,
The general trend of making web pages heavily dependent on Javascript

It's an *optional* script that can be used to select what's visible, if
scripting is available. If not available, you get a nicely structured plain
text site, as before.

Then please ignore my complaint, I thought this would make Javascript
mandatory to see the content. Since this is not the case, it is obviously my
fault for assuming that.

  and thus unusable for some of us is frankly sad

Ok, not my style to be *this* direct, but since you're actively trying to
guilt-trip Barry:

You're exposed to a website that works perfectly, contrary to your claims,
both in obsolete browsers and under disabling JavaScript. It's just
*better* with. I honestly don't think you get to lament your "loss" here.

I apologise if it came off like that. It was not my intention to guilt-trip
anyone. I am simply noticing more and more websites that don't work without
Javascript or only work with certain browsers and I thought this will be the
case too. Since I was obviously wrong I have to take your criticism as
warranted. I am sorry if I have offended you or Barry.

Regards,
Adrian