Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GNUstep Window Manager (was RE: Idea)
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2001 23:30:29 +0100

"Philippe C.D.Robert" wrote:
> One question that comes to my mind then is: why not use the gtk X toolkit
> instead of the xgps X toolkit? Perhaps this is a very silly question, but I
> don't know the answer, so...;-)

Because gtk+ doesn't have the NeXTstep look&feel which we all miss so
much (at least I do). Ever tried MacOSX ? - unusable It's *so*
unfortunate that Apple didn't just retain the NeXTstep UI.

Anyway, I don't think that a gtk+ backend does make that much sense. One
could just use GToolkit then.

Greetings
  Helge