Re: New bitmap code - testers required

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: New bitmap code - testers required
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:40:40 -0500

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 18:05:52 +0000
Pete French <pete@twisted.org.uk> wrote:

Hello Pete:

> I finished an initial version of the new bitmap code that I mentioned
> at the start of the week. I have given it a certain degree of testing,
> but it would be good if other people could try it out and let me know the
> results.

Thank you for you patch. It is working better now and the image does scale
in the Content Inspector of GWorkspace.app. It also displays png's :-).
Unfortunately there are two problems:

(1) It crashes sometimes. Please see attached file for a backtraces.

(2) It is extremely slow. Maybe there should some type of thumbnail caching
for GWorkspace.app is in order.

Regards,
Charles

--
The box saids Windows XP or better, so I installed Linux