Re: GNUstep directory layout

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep directory layout
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:57:10 +0100 (BST)

> The last MAJOR change I'm debating is the Developer domain. It would be
> nice to have all the developer stuff in one location. The drawback is
> that we are separating things, like Libraries and Headers, which really
> should be together.

If having a Developer domain means that there is yet another directory
where tools and apps can be installed - which means yet another directory
to add to the PATH and/or to the list of dirs to search for apps, then
that is another obvious drawback - PATH and similar variables are already
too long and big.