next round: gnustep website proposal

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: next round: gnustep website proposal
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:53:26 +0200

the next versions of a proposal for the GNUstep website are online now. You can view them at:

http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_2/
http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_3/
http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_4/

and as a reminder how it looked all in the beginning:

http://www.sqar.org/gnustep/website-relaunch_version_1/

I tried to make sense out of your comments. At first the "dead" space on the page is drastically reduced. As a consequence the "stepped" layout had to go too... I also improved the text contrast and increased the font size as many of you recommended. Meanwhile I also installed lynx on my machine and the pages seems to work with it, although they could need some additional formating (some linebreaks come to my mind, which I could hide from other browsers like this : "<br class="lynxonly" />" where ".lynxonly {display:none;}" for "@media screen" and nothing for "@media tty", but I had no time to implement that yet...). The page now also adapts automatically to it's width, although it still not possible to squeeze it into a window of 100 pixels width ;-).

So, now it's your turn. Vote for the variant you like most by sending me mail. If you'd like a kind of mixture out of two or three versions please tell me also or just tell me in detail what you like and what not. And please send your mails to the list also so that the others can see in what quandary you bring me with your contradicting ideas ;-). In the end everybody has a different taste but we need to find a solution finally. So don't flame each other to hard.

greetings, Lars