Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: NSMenu* and NSPopuUp* issues
Date: 23 Mar 2003 18:53:04 +0100

Serg Stoyan <stoyan@on.com.ua> writes:

>   Personally, I don't like having horizontal menus. The main reason is what
>   you said: mess in GNUstep menu code. It's hard to maintain and really
>   noone badly need this. I've not seen any contructive objections against
>   removing this code from GNUstep. So I'll remove it.

One reason could be that it will break some version of the OpenStep
specification, (or MacOSX).  But well, as I said before the specification
with respect to NSMenuView is rather in flux and discontinued on MacOSX,
so I am not sure how big a drawback this is.

Personally I opt for having horizontal menus.  But well, I only volunteer
implementing this if I people agree on restructering the NSMenuView
hierarchy.

Wim Oudshoorn.