Re: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:31:31 -0700

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:16:29 +0200
Tobias <ibotty@web.de> wrote:
[...]
> btw: i tolerate your opinion, the including of foreign sources in ones
> own repository can be really nice, see *bsds, but i think this is only
> feasible in a much larger project than gnustep.

I agree that one of the advantages is reusability. The problem here is
that you cannot have both - ease of use from a programmer's point (ie.
reuse and 'reliance' on external stuff) and ease of installation from a
user's point (ie. run 'make' and be done with it).
After all, if your source relies on an external lib, the lib has to be
available before you can run 'make' in your own source tree - unless you
include it.

But, what I actually had in mind was, instead of relying on external
libs, eg. ffcall, write your own and use these.

--
Chris