Re: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question

From: Tobias
Subject: Re: GNUstep installation - a 'Newbie' question
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 00:16:29 +0200

> > i dont think it is favorable to have whole xlibs in gnustep cvs (this
> > is what it will be).
this was meant to be exaggerated.

> Of course I wasn't thinking about X11, but, for example, ffcall and
> libffi. Though personally, I'd rather see GNUstep at a point where it's
> completely self-sufficient and not relying on _any_ external libraries
> (apart from huge ones, like X11).
i think reuse is one of the things, we all like in oop.
imho, some terms of oop also apply to real (computer) life. reuse is one of
them.

> But that's probably day-dreaming on my part.
in my insane head, this is more a day-mare ;)

btw: i tolerate your opinion, the including of foreign sources in ones own
repository can be really nice, see *bsds, but i think this is only feasible
in a much larger project than gnustep.

~ibotty