Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality contr

From: Alex Perez
Subject: Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:17:50 -0700 (PDT)

>> As a GNUstep *USER* I don't give a *damn* about GDL and GSWeb. I'm
>> sure they're nice and all, and I know what they do, but they are
>> useless to me, as they are to all end users. I urge you to try and not
>> be so one-sided in
> ...unless you are a user who is using a piece of software based on them.
No, this is exactly my point, Pete. "Classic" users (as in someone that
has no clue what's really going on behind the scenes) don't give a damn
that GDL exists or even what it is, or what it does...all they care is
that the *final* product does what they need it to...just as a true end
user using AbiWord doesn't care that it uses all those weirdly-named
libraries....it's irrelevant..what is important to them is the final
product, and that was the very point I was attempting to make.
> I find this whole argument bizzare. GNUstep is both things - just
> as OpenStep was. To make a GNustep enviornment people need to write the
> apps, and to write apps the underlying OpenStep implementation needs to
> be worked on too - in order to enable the apps to be written.
Here, I agree with you completely

Alex Perez
aperez@student.santarosa.edu