Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality contr

From: Philip Mötteli
Subject: Re: GNUstep roadmap (was Re: [Suggestion] GNUstep-test for quality control)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:01:46 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 22.10.03, um 22:30 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Alex Perez:
2. Many programs do not use AppKit. E. g. servers and Web-programs.
I know, there is a shortage of GNUstep apps, but you gotta admit that
a LOT of progress has been made this year!

The hugest prograss is having WOF: GDL2 and GSWeb.

As a GNUstep *USER* I don't give a *damn* about GDL and GSWeb. I'm sure
they're nice and all, and I know what they do, but they are useless to me, as they are to all end users. I urge you to try and not be so one-sided in
your view of what is valuable in GNUstep.

In your eyes, what is this thread all about?
.
.
.
.
I give you my opinion, of what I thought this thread is about (I should know, because I started it together with the other Phil, who was frustrated about seeing GS still living in the shadow): It's about on what I would propose to invest our time in order to bring GS out of its life in the shadow. From that point of view I said that things like completing the libraries (on all platforms) then completing GDL2 and GSW would help much more, than investing time into desktops, window-managers or distributions. Now! Later we should attack these.

 You might like what you find if
you do so.

Would you still make this statement, now, that you know what this thread is about? Then please explain.

Re
Phil