Re: ComboBoxes and Switches in NSTableColumn

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: ComboBoxes and Switches in NSTableColumn
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:25:27 -0800 (PST)

Andreas,

> On Tuesday, February 24, 2004, at 01:28 PM, Andreas Hoeschler wrote:
>
> > I am reraising the issue. Is anyone actually working on the
> > NSTableView code right now?

I'm not certain why someone must be "working on the code" since NSTableView has
been stable for a long while now.   The code for these classes is the purview
of anyone who thinks there might be a problem with them.

> > I am wondering whether it makes sense to
> > dive into the current code or rather reimplement NSTableView from
> > scratch. I need to get this working as soon as possible and would
> > appreciate some feedback from the author of the current implementation.

You need to speak to Pierre-Yves Rivialle.   Although I've never needed to do
what you intend, I'm *sure* that re-writing the entire class and potentially
disrupting the usability of all apps which depend on both NSTableView and
NSOutlineView is not the answer.  :)

I believe you need to take a look at NSTableColumn as this class allows you to
do "setDataCell:"  the *default* is NSTextFieldCell, but it can be anything you
like.

> > Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >     Andreas
> >
> > BTW: It's been pretty quiet on the GNUstep list for quite a while. :-)

I've gotten 50 messages in just the last couple of days. :)

Thanks, GJC

=====
Gregory John Casamento -- CEO/President Open Logic Corp.