Re: {Spam?}

From: René Berber
Subject: Re: {Spam?}
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:31:58 -0600

On 2004-02-24 21:58:30 -0600 Adam Fedor <fedor@doc.com> wrote:

>> BTW: It's been pretty quiet on the GNUstep list for quite a while. :-)
>>
> I've been receiving lots of mail from the list. You might check the  archives
> to see that. It looks like gnu.org might be rejecting your  address as spam.
> I don't know why though.

Somebody reported the list as spam at spamcop.net, perhaps as a joke.

By spamcop.net procedures the lists stays in the spammers database for 48 hours
and then is taken off the DB if nobody else reports it as spam.  It looks like
the joker is reporting it again after is being taken off, I have my
configuration marking the messages as spam but delivering anything from a known
address, so I see when the list is in spamcop's DB..

I'm a paying member at spamcop.net and I searched for ways to take the list out
of the DB but there seems to be only one and it takes time.  A list
administrator has to write to them showing that it is a non-spam list, this is
done by showing that there is a place to subscribe and un-subscribe;
furthermore the administrator can ask to add the address of the person who is
doing the false reports to a list of black listed people.

Hope this helps.
--
René Berber
GnuPG ID : 0x5E2D25FE