Re: {Spam?}

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: {Spam?}
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:30:27 -0800

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 12:16:43 -0600
René Berber <rberber@legosoft.com.mx> wrote:
> True, but with MailScanner I've seen almost no false positives, the
> only one I remember is a person that used to send a copy to the same
> address he used as From.

On this box I'm using Milter + SpamAssassin and do get the occasional
false positive due to a low hit count as well as a couple of "nazi"
rules. Using an innocent Subject like "Application roles" is a bad idea
given the latest "Your Application" Subject used by the <what's its
name> virus... No thanks to You-Know-Who in Redmond...

> Of course the problem you describe is people using spam detectors with
> auto-report which sounds like a very bad idea since all detectors are
> far from perfect.

Not everyone has the luxory of running his or her own mail server or
having access to its configuration, so they cannot necessarily be
blamed. Unless they manage to install Razor & friends at user level.

> The good news is that since yesterday the list is not on spamcop's DB.

Indeed.

--
Chris