Re: Frameworks integration

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Frameworks integration
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:35:55 -0700

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 09:27 AM, Nicolas Roard wrote:

The proposal is to put skyrix-xml and Tryst in the cvs (dev-libs), and possibly change their name to be more developer-friendly (ie a descriptive name followed by "kit" --
RendezvousKit or ServiceDiscoveryKit for Tryst for example).

To be put in CVS, they would need to change the license and assign the copyright to the FSF. I think Chris was open to this but I have a feeling Helge would not.

I will add that another (important) missing part in gnustep is a sound framework... SndKit and MusicKit would imho be interesting to add in the future (specifically SndKit
-- after some work to modularize it more).
Adding them in the cvs isn't perhaps needed, but at least we should point them as
"official" solutions...

I don't think it's so important to have these in CVS. More important, as Dennis said in another mail, is to make releases. AND have an easy way to download and install them. I think it's Dennis's idea to do this as well with his Ocean suite of tools. I'm also working on stuff related to this, although very slowly.