Re: Frameworks integration

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Frameworks integration
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 19:18:27 -0700

On Saturday, February 28, 2004, at 06:32 PM, Quentin Mathé wrote:
I like this idea of GNUstep kits because when I talk with non GNUstep aware developers (I had the same perception when I arrived one year ago ), a recurrent problem seems to be the exploded aspect of the project : there are no official frameworks for many things and many of the possibly official frameworks are distributed over different personal web sites... unlike GNOME or KDE which have a central access for the system/desktop frameworks. The GNUstep situation isn't too dramatic now because there are few frameworks and the target audience is limited to very involved developers, but the situation will become less than ideal when GNUstep will become more important (more code written) and more exposed.

There's no problem with having a central distribution point for GNUstep related stuff, regardless of the license involved.

I'm only concerned about the CVS, since people usually sign a blanket copyright assignment for GNUstep contributions and it would be confusing if CVS held both GNUstep and non-GNUstep code.