Re: [GSWHackers] Future of GnusStep WebObject

From: NeXT
Subject: Re: [GSWHackers] Future of GnusStep WebObject
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 23:09:24 +0900

I've also consulted EOF 4.5 documentation, I just want to note the differences. :-) And GDL2 developers, including you already have priority list and I'm currently just trying to learn them, so I think altering list for me is not good choice, :-) I belive
that your list is more reasonably made one. :-)

=======
Sungjin Chun, who's very, very happy with GNUstep.

On 2004-03-03 22:52:19 +0900 David Ayers <d.ayers@inode.at> wrote:

NeXT wrote:
Also, some notes on GDL2 with SOPE.

      >> EOFetchSpecification class
   In GDL2 following method does exits.
-initWithEntityName:qualifier:sortOrderings:usesDistinct:isDeep:hints:
   But SOPE EOControl uses
      -initWithEntityName:qualifier:sortOrderings:usesDistinct:

The GDL2 methods correspond to EOF 4.5.
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/LegacyTechnologies/WebObjects/WebObjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOControl.framework/ObjC_classic/Classes/EOFetchSpecification.html

And
      -fetchSpecificationByApplyingBindings: in GDL2
      -fetchSpecificationByApplyingKeyMap: in SOPE
I'm not sure this matching is correct.

The GDL2 only declares fetchSpecificationByApplyingBindings:, it's not implemented. This is a legacy method that the WO4.5 headers refer to (see -requiresAllQualifierBindingVariables). We've kept it as a placeholder in case someone relied on it and may need to implement it or if we find that it's needed internally.

Note that we are also still missing an implementation for -fetchSpecificationWithQualifierBindings:. Contributions would be welcome, but if you need it, please ask and I'll see if I can shift priorities.

      >> EOQualifier
Same goes here.
      -qualifierByApplyingBindings: GDL2
      -qualifierByApplyingKeyMap: SOPE
Also, I'm not sure on this matching

The GDL2 method is implemented and should correspond to documented behavior.

And finally, GDL2 does not have this method.
      -initWithPropertyList:

Neither EOQualifier nor EOFetchSpecification declare this method. The proper method name is -initWithPropertyList:owner: and is declared in the EOPropertyListEncoding protocol. The following classes declare this protocol: EOModel, EOEntity, EOAttribute, EORelationship, EOStoredProcedure.

Hope this helps and please let me know if there's something I can do to help wrt GDL2.

Cheers,
David