Re: [GSWHackers] Re: OGo/GNUstep cooperation Re: Re[2]: Frameworks

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: [GSWHackers] Re: OGo/GNUstep cooperation Re: Re[2]: Frameworks
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:56:30 +0100

On Mar 8, 2004, at 3:08 PM, NeXT wrote:
I cannot help but to ask this question :-) Helge, do you or your comapny have any problem in licensing or donating SOPE to FSF? If so, we have to find another way (though I prefer first method be possible...). I think SOPE to FSF will solve most problems during this discussion. (I'm afraid that this is rather impossible, so the discussion comes here...)

You need to be a bit more specific. SOPE *is* licensed to the free software community (to anyone, including FSF of course), it is just regular LGPL. Its completely free software and can be used/extended by anyone under the terms of the free software license.

What we won't do (and I'm not only speaking for SKYRIX here, but also for me personally as well as for at least some other OGo project members), that an FSF copyright assignment won't happen (nor FLA). As mentioned, there are lots of discussion on the assignment issues available in Google.

regards,
  Helge
--
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/