Re: [GSWHackers] Re: OGo/GNUstep cooperation Re: Re[2]: Frameworks integ

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: [GSWHackers] Re: OGo/GNUstep cooperation Re: Re[2]: Frameworks integration
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 23:49:10 +0100

Helge Hess wrote:
On Mar 2, 2004, at 2:22 PM, Manuel Guesdon wrote:

| Manuel, I'm sorry to see that you have no intentions to do work on a
| solution.

Probably a misunderstood. Remember, since before the begining of gsweb, I was open to cooperation to avoid doing same things twice. But, honestly, begining cooperation message with "Yet with OGo we now do have a high quality and proven WebObjects clone and gnustep-web is somewhat obsolete for practical purposes" is very strange. Cultural difference ? :-(

No, I don't think so. But I'm not really willing to discuss that anymore with you, since you are obviously not very keen on working out a solution if that may involve dropping own code even if this is based on objective reasons.

Really, I want to talk about that with the other gnustep-web developers and users and of course with GNUstep in general (so far no one came up - so is gnustep-web just you and David?). The discussion with you is stuck and I don't think we get it running again. Feel free to make *productive* suggestions, and I consider.

I think you are wrong here, Helge. The last mail from Manuel sounded very productive to me. Now it is up to you to stop ranting, he did so with that mail. A common development of a WebObjects clone would be beneficial to all sides, but the questions that Manuel raised on the organisational form are all valid and must be solved, no matter who takes part in that project. So I would call them productive suggestions. I would expect, that if you accept them as this, a solution to them wont be too far away.

Fred