Re: GSCUPS and GNUstep Printing

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: GSCUPS and GNUstep Printing
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:20:26 +0200

on 6/11/04 5:27 AM, Chad Hardin at cehardin@mac.com wrote:

> So maybe this is more of an #ifdef #elif type thing....  Comments?  How
> do people feel about making CUPS the sole supported printing system on
> UNIX machines?  If people really object to that, then there could be
> three setups:  UNIX like it is now, UNIX with CUPS, and Windows.

I'd prefer not tho have only CUPS supported. I don't have cups on any of my
computers. It is true that cups exists for many UNIX flavours, but GNUstep
should blend in the current installaiton one have. Installing CUPS on debian
is an apt-get from me, but onn solaris it is not and I have plain lpr there.

I agree however that current printing setup is no the nicest thing in
GNUstep and to be honest, I never pritend a page from GNUstep :)

-R