kvm problem with FreeBSD

From: stefan
Subject: kvm problem with FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 09:53:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

i updated my gnustep installation from cvs and got the following
problem. Whenever i tried to start a gnustep application (gui or
non-gui), i got the following error messages

NSProcessInfo: Cannot open /proc/mem/something
Error: libkvm does not return an environment for the current process

After this, the program dumped core with an abort trap. My system
is FreeBSD 5.2.1, gcc version is 3.3.
I temporary fixed this problem by hacking the configure script so
that NSProcessInfo don't use kvm, this works for me.

greets
Stefan