Re: kvm problem with FreeBSD

From: Chris B. Vetter
Subject: Re: kvm problem with FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:27:23 +0200

stefan@wms-network.de wrote:
[...]
> That's the real problem. I've no proc support on my system.

Granted, using /proc is a convenient way of accessing system
information, without bothering to learn how to use the proper
interfaces provided by your system.

> I've the /proc directory and it's empty. I think i can
> remember that i disabled proc support when installing my
> system because has been said that it's deprected or something
> like this.

That's one of the changes to the 5.x tree of FreeBSD, yes. You
do not really *need* /proc to access the information, as there
are more than enough ways to retrieve those using standard library
calls.

> I wonder why it worked with previous versions of GNUstep.

I haven't used GNUstep since end of March (because I'm currently
stuck on bloody XP) so I do not know what may have changed. You
might want to take a look at the source to NSProcessInfo.

--
Chris