Re: ANN: GNUstep Gui Version 0.9.4

From: Alexander Malmberg
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Gui Version 0.9.4
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 12:44:36 +0200

This:

On Saturday, September 25, 2004, at 05:04 AM, Adam Fedor wrote:
>   * NSScroller, NSScrollView has a new ivar.

is a fancy way of saying that the release isn't binary compatible with old versions.

The soname change (which is mentioned in the release notes but not the announcement; -base's soname was also changed recently) is probably the real reason for all this trouble. I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the core libraries (ie. remove the old versions from /System/ first) or weird things can happen. If weird things do happen, nuking /System/Library/Libraries is the first thing to do.