Re: ANN: GNUstep Gui Version 0.9.4

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: ANN: GNUstep Gui Version 0.9.4
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 15:08:28 -0600

On Sep 25, 2004, at 12:34 PM, Alex Perez wrote:

Because there are plenty of people who will overlook it otherwise, much less the folks who don't know what the hell an ivar is. GNUstep has become too programmer-centric and this case only serves to prove my point.

SONAME changes also mus be *prominently* stated *in the announce to the mailing list*. Can we make a policy of this? If this needs to be codified so it can be followed by clockwork each release cycle, and used as a checklist, that would be a good thing indeed and I'd be willing to try and work something up in collaboration with the people who have done releases for some time.

Well, it was just an oversight. Sorry.

Things just keep getting overlooked when it comes to releases. I've also noticed that the ANN:ouncement e-mails aren't being sent to gnustep-announce, which as far as I am concerned is a big

Yes they are:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnustep/2004-09/index.html