Re: Cocotron

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:35:09 -0800 (PST)

Helge,

I believe that you understand perfectly what I was saying. :)

Etoile is a desktop project which uses GNUstep (see
http://www.etoile-project.org/etoile/mediawiki/index.php?title=EtoileWiki:About),
 not a reimplementation of any part of Cocoa.   So, I don't think Etoile even
remotely, by the most wild stretch of the imagination possible, fits into the
same category as the other things I mentioned.

The projects libFoundation, Cocotron and AJRFoundation are re-implementations
of Foundation/AppKit.   There is no reason, aside from obstinance or ego which
should cause so many projects with similar or identical goals to develop things
in parallel.  It is, purely and simply, an egregious waste of time and effort.
 Well understood, but not reasonable at all.

Later, G.
--
Gregory Casamento
## GNUstep Chief Maintainer