Re: SimpleWebKit (was GNUstep Web browser (was Re: WebKit Bounty))

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: SimpleWebKit (was GNUstep Web browser (was Re: WebKit Bounty))
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 06:47:14 -0800 (PST)

> I don't really see what the problem is with having both SimpleWebKit
> and a port of WebKit ... then developers can choose.
>
> As for the xhtml text converter bundle Nicola suggests for use by the
> gui library ... the obvious thing IMO would be to write it to use
> SimpleWebKit, and perhaps provide an alternative bundle using WebKit
> later.

I have no problem with having both either.   I am not trying to discourage
development of one or the other.  I was pointing out that the SimpleWebKit
implementation might not handle everything that WebKit does because it will be
less mature and have fewer people maintaining it.  The advantage of
SimpleWebKit is that we can have it in the GNUstep repo and that it will be
light-weight.

Later, GJC